Trauma Recovery Coaching Goals
Counsellor specialising in Solution Focused Therapy
Our primary goals as a Certified Trauma Recovery Coach are to help our clients:
• establish personal safety
• feel heard, validated and understood
• learn how to connect with themselves and others by first connecting with one another and then connecting with the survivor community
• identify the lies they learned due to their abuse and replace them with truths
• identify their strengths and maximize them
• set goals and action steps for their recovery
• understand how their trauma impacted them biologically, psychologically, emotionally and relationally
• develop a toolbox full of strong coping techniques to facilitate healthy personal change and make their recovery smoother
• connect with adjunctive resources that will help them meet their recovery goals
• identify any maladaptive coping mechanisms they are employing and address them as they choose to do so
• understand how intergenerational trauma, family mythology and family systems have effected them
Escalated Care Protocol
This client protocol is triggered by:
• An expression of active suicidal ideation – there is intent and a plan
• Active drug or alcohol addiction
• Demonstration of an inability to keep themselves safe, resulting in their engaging in unsafe behaviour such as unprotected sex, walking alone at night in potentially dangerous neighbourhoods, intentionally driving recklessly, dissociation while driving or at other risky times
• Repeated involvement in physical altercations
• Repeated involvement in criminal activity
• Involvement in an actively abusive interpersonal relationship
• Any other behaviour that evokes a concern for your client’s physical and psychological safety
• A score of 40 to 50 on the Client Safety Risk Assessment
You’re ready for things to feel easy—and good.
I understand. I hear you. I see you. Your Trauma is valid. The impact from past abuse and neglect is alive inside of you today, here, now. I see your struggle to maintain your external sense of togetherness as your internal world wants to crumble. I’ve lived it and I lost it all, twice.
I hear you questioning why can’t I just adult? Why can’t the past just be over and done with? Why can’t I get a good nights sleep? How can I stop this anxiety when it’s “not me?” When will this depression lift? Why do my relationships always end? How can I break this cycle for my children?
Are you ready for the good news? Are you ready to take action? Complex Trauma Recovery is possible, even when you need an individual road map.