Our Inner Critic seemingly runs non stop daily, making our internal life very painful, all hidden behind a smile. It’s time to identify how Complex Trauma keeps the Inner Critic in place and how to break it down and be free.
The Inner Critic
Do you have experiences and feelings of …
Constantly Stressed, Wear a Mask, Harder on Yourself than Others, Need everything done perfectly and can’t sleep at night, can’t shut your mind down and rest. You feel like you have to be alert to everyones motivations to keep everything under control and safe.
Every day your intentions are to make today a good day but the cycle of repetition happens, again. The same thing happens the same way and your response is the same. You desire to be closer in your relationships but struggle to find the common ground, to be heard, to be loved.
Everything from increasing severe migraines, body pain, constant ill health, tiredness, feeling run down, defeated and wondering when the cycle will end. I certainly experienced getting back on my feet only to fall ill again and it was incredibly frustrating.
“Neuroscience research shows that the only way we can change the way we feel is by becoming aware of our inner experience and learning to befriend what is going inside ourselves.”
Bessel A. van der Kolk
Breaking the Inner Critic Cycle I think I wanted to cry the first time I heard the words Inner Critic. Nothing so precisely described what was happening inside of me and the impact the emotional flashbacks kept having on my daily life. I’ve battled ill health for many years. However, being prepared to do this work has helped me break the unrelenting cycle of self criticism, self abandonment, and emotional flashbacks that were crippling. I hadn’t had an emotional flashback for a very, very long time until recently. They’re so painful. The good news was I was able to not stay crippled by it all day. This work is vital for us to break the cycle of the inner critic and reclaim our beautiful, heart full of love self.
For me, there was nothing like the experience of Motherhood to bring out the ever increasing impact of the Inner Critic. Being able to relax and enjoy motherhood was something that didn’t happen enough for me. Trying to organise 3 kids on the spectrum who all had different thought processes, manage their differing social needs, different food needs and more brought my inner critic out in full force. And that’s just not how motherhood, or life, should have to be done. On Survival Mode. I wish I knew this information when my kids were little as I would have been able to do this work as they grew. However, it’s been priceless as an adult to do this work because my adult kids have come along on the journey as I honestly let them know what was happening and they have willingly helped with feedback too. My daughter has helped enormously as she tells me when I don’t need to be speaking to myself so harshly. We need people who can be gentle with us and let us know we can be gentle with us too. This work has helped me to have relationships where I turned towards people, not away from them.
What You’ll Learn
This Course will Feature Lessons On
- The 7 Types of Inner Critic Giving language around the types of Inner Critic to help us identify our inner critic
- The Doorways to the Inner Critic Looking at the external triggers occurring to help us identify when the inner critic is at work internally.
- Mindfulness & Complex Ptsd What is Mindfulness when it comes to Complex Ptsd and how can we include it in our daily life?
- Attachment & Our Inner Critic How to work with your Inner Critic when you’ve got Complex Ptsd. Includes Graphics to help us identify our internal process in our daily life.
- Inner Critic & Our Mental Health How to increase our mindfulness practice to address key symptoms of anxiety, depression and emotional regulation and why don’t we won’t to do this?
- Abandonment Depression What is Abandonment Depression, how does it happen and what can we do proactively to help our recovery to remission journey?
- Digital Manual Every module has its own Digital EManual for you to Integrate the Education into your daily life. Includes questions for self reflection to enhance your personal learning.
The Inner Critic
Online Course Contents for recovery from your Inner Critic
- Course contains 6 Video Tutorials and 1 Digital Manual for each Module charting your Inner Critic Recovery
- Watch 1 video per week and complete the Digital Manual as you integrate the knowledge and personal awareness into your daily life to help you break the cycle of your inner critic.
- Can be used with or without a Mental Health professional. All instructions are contained in the Digital Manual
“Traumatized people chronically feel unsafe inside their bodies: The past is alive in the form of gnawing interior discomfort. Their bodies are constantly bombarded by visceral warning signs, and, in an attempt to control these processes they often become expert in ignoring their gut feelings and in ignoring what is played out inside. They learn to hide from their selves.”Bessel Van Der Kolk
The course starts now and is available whenever you are ready, always. The benefit of being online is you pace yourself, it literally fits into your daily life.
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like – across any and all devices you own.
Yes. Taking in your notes and observations to your Mental Health Care professional will help you progress through therapy.
Due to the Digital Nature of the products we don’t refund money. Before you purchase view our YouTube Channel and get to know Linda and how she approaches teaching. http://www.youtube.com/c/ComplexPtsdRecovery