Choosing Effective Complex Trauma Recovery Professionals
It’s crucial for our recovery we are able to choose a professional we can work with and also understands how to work with us to achieve our personal goals. In fact it’s vital because if you’re like me you don’t want to waste time and money on what doesn’t work.
Specific Areas to ask a Certified Trauma Recovery Coach/Therapist for Complex Trauma Recovery:
- Make a list of what you need then determine your individual questions from this starting point.
- Ask if the Professional has been trained in Complex Trauma Recovery i.e. not Ptsd, specifically for Complex Trauma as they are two different things.
- Ask if they have experienced Adverse Childhood Experiences themselves and have they sought Professional help for their own recovery.
- Ask if they give homework, and what type of homework i.e. Books to read, worksheets, videos, work through a CPtsd book with you – you will need to know what type of homework suits you and can they adapt to YOUR needs.
- Ask if they work with Dissociative Disorders and what type of dissociate disorders they can work with. Complex Ptsd can include Structural Dissociation, and if you have D.I.D. you will to need to know if they can work with YOU to meet your goals.
- Ask if they believe in repressed memories. Traumatic amnesia is very real. Doing our work we can have memories come up, especially those related to betrayal trauma. It’s vital to know if this happens you will be believed and supported through this process.
- Ask what is your general philosophy and approach to helping? Are you more directive or more guiding? Do you have a client centred approach?
You’re ready for things to feel easy—and good.
I understand. I hear you. I see you. Your Trauma is valid. The impact from past abuse and neglect is alive inside of you today, here, now. I see your struggle to maintain your external sense of togetherness as your internal world wants to crumble. I’ve lived it and I lost it all, twice.
I hear you questioning why can’t I just adult? Why can’t the past just be over and done with? Why can’t I get a good nights sleep? How can I stop this anxiety when it’s “not me?” When will this depression lift? Why do my relationships always end? How can I break this cycle for my children?
Are you ready for the good news? Are you ready to take action? Complex Trauma Recovery is possible, even when you need an individual road map.