Sherry Yuan Hunter and Linda Meredith are Certified Trauma Recovery coaches from opposite ends of the earth, literally! Sherry is in Canada, Linda in Australia, and together they bring together years of business and online knowledge to bring you Admin Basics 101.
You have been developing the expertise to coach.
You know that you can do that well and now you have to set up a business structure in order to have a coaching business.
Unlike being in an established organization, there is no IT team, no HR department, no administrative support to ensure that you have everything you need in your office in order to smoothly run your business. In addition, you are potentially running a business that may be international in nature, with the technology we now have available and the interconnectedness of the Internet!
Instead, you are the CEO, Marketing Manager, Administrator, IT Department, AND janitor. Word is, based on a recent survey, entrepreneurs spend 68% of their time managing day-to-day tasks leaving the remainder 32% on income generating activities. This course will make some decisions about how to set up your day-to-day tasks.
By the end of the course, you will be able to decide what you would like to do yourself, what you would like to outsource, and you will have an idea of what questions to answer to help you decide. Many people have had to piece together services from various providers, while others prefer to pay a higher monthly fee for all-inclusive programs that handle more of their workflow.
There are many business programs out there that are focused on teaching you how to bring in clients. This course is focused on helping you get the ‘boring’ admin stuff set up because it can get a bit confusing. Keep in mind that all these providers will continually evolve and add additional and related functions to their programs. So a lot of what you are doing is understanding what you need, identify your choices, and determining what you are willing to pay for with money or your time.
This course is divided into sections and is self-paced . This course is an essential how to checklist of what you need to consider and/or do to set up your global business.
Basic Online Presence
By making decisions about these topics, you will have ‘set up shop’ and can at least hang your shingles to say that you are open for business! Meaning that from a client perspective, you have a way for them to find and interact with you.
Basic Business Operations
Think of this section as topics that help you streamline the repetitive administration that is needed for operating your business. (Not included here are business registration and taxes, which you will need to research for your local and/or country regulations.)
Basic Coaching Operations
These are tasks related to the function of coaching, such as templates and forms, virtual meetings, and note-taking.
While many coaches may prefer an in-person business, you may actually find that you are the right coach for many other people in other parts of your country or even in other parts of the world. As such, your virtual presence becomes the way your market yourself and your expertise.
Special Note: ONE AND DONE
For those of you who just want a simple doable recommendation for each of the topics, just go straight to the ONE AND DONE section. We have curated simple (and cheap) alternatives for you so that you can just go ahead and get it done!
You’ve Got This!
The goal here is to help you be able to handle each piece yourself. You can go at your own pace. If you would like to sit down with someone to walk through a specific process, you can book a Empowering-the-Coach session to get yourself organized and on to your next step.
Let’s get started!
Complex Trauma Certified Recovery Coach
You’re ready for things to feel easy—and good.
I understand. I hear you. I see you. Your Trauma is valid. The impact from past abuse and neglect is alive inside of you today, here, now. I see your struggle to maintain your external sense of togetherness as your internal world wants to crumble. I’ve lived it and I lost it all, twice.
I hear you questioning why can’t I just adult? Why can’t the past just be over and done with? Why can’t I get a good nights sleep? How can I stop this anxiety when it’s “not me?” When will this depression lift? Why do my relationships always end? How can I break this cycle for my children?
Are you ready for the good news? Are you ready to take action? Complex Trauma Recovery is possible, even when you need an individual road map.